Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Resource Capital

Here is a glimpse into RSO, one of my personal REIT investments.  At the beginning of last year, I started with 200 dollars in this DRIP (dividend re-investment plan), and have put in 100 dollars monthly.

My investment strategy does not focus on the price of stocks, but rather their dividends.  Knowing the situation of the U.S. housing market, I figured share price would fall.  This did not stop me.  As  a long term dividend investor I was prepared to let the dividends roll in.

Over the course of the year, I have $1400 invested.  As of today, the stock closed at 5.87 per share.  253.29 shares x 5.87 = $1486.81.  This resulted in an $86.81 gain of 6.2% annual gain



Disclaimer: These trades are not recommendations for others. I am not a financial planner, advisor, or accountant. The financial actions mentioned were only suited for my own risk tolerance, strategy, and ideas. Copying another's financial moves can lead to large losses. Each person needs to do their due diligence in researching and planning their own actions in the financial markets.

1 comment:

  1. That looks like an aggressive REIT with that high yield but it appears to be paying off. I hadn't seen this one before thank you for bringing it up I'll have to dig deeper.

    ReplyDelete