Sunday, February 26, 2012

Real Estate Portfolio Introduction

Real estate should play a key role in everyone's portfolio.  Personally, I have had good luck with rental homes in my real estate portfolio.  Yes there are horror stories out there about evil tenants and destruction etc.  But there are ways to minimize risk in rental investments that I will get to later in this section of the blog.

Statistically, the average person's largest investment is their house.  As time goes on, this trend appears to be declining, as more choose to rent instead of own.

There are 2 points I would like my readers to know.  1-Real estate offers great diversity to your portfolio and 2-With the current tax code, there are many benefits to real estate ownership that you can take advantage of.  These will be addressed in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment