Saturday, September 1, 2012

Dividend Investing - Month 6

The average monthly dividend payment experienced a significant increase this month.   A 16.77% jump was the result of making a quick sale and investing the proceeds into other companies.

I have been good so far at separating my emotions from the facts and focusing on the RRR values of my positions.  As mentioned in my previous post, the RRR value of WMT just couldn't cut it anymore, and I had no problem dropping this position and picking up new ones to take its place. 

I figured my emotions wouldn't get in the way of the transactions but sometimes you just never know.



Using my RRR theory about evaluating stocks, price gets pushed to the side and allows me to focus on the long term benefits of my positions.  This is the average monthly dividend payments!  Watching stock prices constantly rise and fall make me dizzy, while watching these payments consistently rise gives me hope for the future.  But do remember, higher stock prices lead to lower RRR values ~ which will help you sell when stock prices go up.

Disclaimer: I am not a financial planner, advisor, or accountant. The financial actions mentioned were only suited for my own risk tolerance, strategy, and ideas. Copying another's financial moves can lead to large losses. Each person needs to do their due diligence in researching and planning their own actions in the financial markets.


No comments:

Post a Comment